Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hippensteal Weekend Get-Away Day 3


 We began our day on Sunday with another leisurely wake up (Thank you!!) and then another amazing breakfast: Coffee, orange juice, texas toast with an egg and holandais sauce, topped with bacon and bean sprouts and cherry tomatoes.... Grapes, kiwi, orange slices and cinnamon apples on the side.  As if that wasn't enough... it was followed up with sweet bread- orange bread with orange sauce, sprinkled with powdered sugar.  So good. We weren't in any rush to leave (quite literally) and so we enjoyed our time until check out lounging in our room and enjoying the view from the deck. I wrote in the journal again (I looked in the library there to see if the older journals were kept there... I recall writing in the 'Springs Arrival' journal when we were there in 2003...). We finished packing up and headed down the mountain at 11. It was bittersweet. We had enjoyed our time there so much and our time together... So good. I know we'll be going back to Hippensteal and it won't take us another 10 years to do it....

No comments: