Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hiking Abrams Falls



We decided to take the kids up to the mountains this weekend and hike to Abrams Falls. It is a 5 mile hike round trip, but something we had both been wanting to do for some time. The kids did amazing. They didn't complain one time. They slipped, slid and hiked through mud and puddles left from the mornings rain. We were so proud of them. The trip went great and Doug and I really enjoyed ourselves. Kate did well too - She seemed to enjoy the ride as she was carried in the baby bjorn carrier. Doug carried her the first half of the hike, we let her stretch her legs at the falls for a bit and then I back-packed her on the last 2.5 miles. The kids were worn out on the way home and Noah even fell asleep in the car (something that never happens with him).... but they did say they would like to go back again. The falls were gorgeous and it has been such a long time since either Doug or I had hiked that trail. It was so good to see them again.

No comments: