Monday, January 29, 2007

He's doing pretty good =)




The doctor gave him a train right before they did the surgery. Smart Doctor. ;) He's doing pretty good. We had not been home long when that third picture was taken. He was chilling on the couch watching movies, relaxing and drinking... lots of drinking. Poor guy. He had a rough time coming out of the anesthesia. Can you imagine how it feels to hold your child as he cries and tells you "I hurt."? The doctor said that his tonsils were enormous - some of the biggest he had ever seen. We're so glad they're out and it's over. I hate waiting. I hate imagining what he's going through. I hate watching him hurt... and I hate not being able to take his pain away. He's tough though. He was asking for cheese and crackers for dinner...and eggs... and Batman Soup. He's a funny kid - a good kid. We stuck with Jello and Batman Soup broth with just a few noodles. The eating is a good thing - the doctor/nurses said not to worry if he didn't want to eat for then next 7 days... it took him less than 7 hours. They also said to let him eat what he wanted as long as there were no sharp edges... that he could even have hotdogs or hamburgers?!?! (huh!?!) He stayed on the couch most of the day and we watched Thomas, Little Einsteins, Polar Express and There Goes a Train... then he was ready to go sit and play trains for a little while before bed. Thank you to all of you who called and wrote with your good thoughts and prayers. We appreciate all of you so much.

2 comments:

jmbvad said...

Glad to hear he is doing well. You were all in my thoughts and prayers!!! Give him a BIG hug for me!!!!!

Angie said...

So good to hear that he is okay.