Sunday, April 13, 2014

Coloring Easter Eggs: 2014




 We always enjoy the tradition of coloring Easter eggs. The kids always get so very excited and for most of the month before Easter, I hear a lot of, "When can we color the eggs, Mom?". I love how excited they get. I love their joy and I love to see their creativity come out as they decorate. I usually boil up around 5 dozen eggs as we usually have several casualties that the kids enjoy eating (so no real loss there, really). Noah loves to make pictures on his eggs or do unusual color combinations. This year he made an egg with all of our birth years on it. He also made an egg that looked like Earth. Rachel takes her time… She colors slowly… I'm pretty sure I heard Noah say he colored 18 eggs and Rachel said she dyed 8…. She is meticulous… I don't know where she got that characteristic from (grin). Kate loved making her eggs different colors too, after the first one she chunked into the cup of dye to a very loud CRACK! We had to explain, gently, again that you have to be careful with the eggs… They are very fragile. Doug always makes silly eggs -- the favorite this year was the blue frowny face egg with the orange mo-hawk. Too funny. I sure love these guys. I hope our tradition continues for years and years, even as they grown up…



No comments: