Sunday, July 01, 2012

Baby Bird


 The kids found this poor little guy on our driveway this afternoon. The high today was 105 degrees and I knew if we didn't get him out of the sun and off the hot concrete, he was a goner. He doesn't appear to be very old, and we weren't sure if he fell and was injured, or if he hopped onto the driveway. I don't think he can fly and doesn't seem to have all of his feathers yet. I scooped him up and placed him in the shade, very near to where the kids found him, just in case his nest is nearby. He was trembly and you could see that his little heart was crazy, so I went and found an old spoon rest and got some water for him. I eased it up next to him and sprinkled a little of it on him. He hopped right in. He sat there for about an hour and later when I checked on him, he was gone. We are hoping we helped, even just a little bit and he makes it.

No comments: