Thursday, April 07, 2011

Prayers For Christina


On March 23rd my sister was told she might have breast cancer. On March 30th, after biopsies, blood draws, tests and scans, she recieved a confirmed diagnosis. I cannot explain what she, her husband and kids and rest of us in her family have been going through. I just know that she must feel the fear that I feel so many times multiplied. We have worried, cried and been sick. She is such a strong woman - and stubborn. I know that if anyone can beat cancer - She can. Yesterday we did all the 'normal' things. We had coffee at Panera and enjoyed 'our' time. Later, we hung out and watched the kids play. We scrapbooked. We talked. A lot. We had dinner at Firehouse -it's a Wednesday night tradition. It was a nice day. Tomorrow she has her first session of chemotherapy. I am praying that it goes well and she doesn't get too sick. I want her to be okay. I want to ask all of you - my friends and family, if you might say a prayer for her as well. She's not just my sister, she's one of my best friends. I know she's going to beat this. There just isn't any other option. I love you Chris!!

No comments: